1. Using the content on the Japan Meteorological Agency website
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner: (Examples of source citation)
- Source: Japan Meteorological Agency website (URL of relevant page)
- "Chart/picture names" (from the Japan Meteorological Agency website)
- Based on "Chart/picture names" (Japan Meteorological Agency) (URL of relevant page)
- Created by Company YY based on XX Survey (Japan Meteorological Agency) (URL of relevant page)
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as "Third Party") may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- The Content must not be used in the following ways:
(a) Usage that violates laws and ordinances, regulations, or public policy *
(b) Usage that represents a threat to the safety of the state and/or its citizens
In particular, as warnings, forecasts and other types of disaster mitigation information are widely used in everyday life, it is important to ensure that erroneous content does not spread.
* Usage violating public policy means criminal use, use that is contrary to moral principles (marital order, sexual morality), use that severely restricts personal freedom, profiteering or unfair dealings etc.4) Content where use is restricted by specific laws and ordinances
- The use of Content may be restricted by the Meteorological Service Act and related ordinances. The Articles reproduced below from the Act are particularly important to note. Please refer to the relevant links below for details.
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
To use the Japan Meteorological Agency logo or JMA's Harerun mascot, please contact:
Office of International Affairs
Japan Meteorological Agency
Linking to this site
Linking to this website does not require copyright permission, although we do require links to be clearly acknowledged.